Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Work in Progress Wednesday 99

Hi everyone! I hope you're having a great week and had a great weekend. This past weekend we took my corgi, Milo, to the dog beach. He had a great time and it's so fun to watch him play in the sand, water (though he is scared of it so it's more like him playing in the wet sand) and with other dogs.

Today is actually my 5th wedding anniversary so I wanted to say happy anniversary to my husband! We're going out to dinner to celebrate tonight! It should be a great time.

Now to WIPW (can you believe we're at number 99???)

I've been working exclusively on a new project you have yet to see! Yes, with all of my WIPs, I decided to start another one. I hang my head in shame, but I have a good excuse!! I'm participating in the Yarniacs Podcast's KAL. The requirements are to use fingering weight yarn and start after June 15th. The KAL goes until August 31st. You can get all the details on their Ravelry group!




So, I had to start a new fingering weight project to qualify and a good friend of mine had just finished her Trillian. I fell in love with it and since I've had the pattern in my queue for a very long time, I decided to give it a go. It's a fun, fast pattern. Though it's simple, it's not too boring but it is kind of mindless if that makes sense. I had to curl it a little to get the whole thing in the picture but it's kind of a crescent shape. I have a little over half the skein left, and you just work until you use the whole thing (leaving 7% of the skein for the finishing border).

As mentioned above, the pattern is Trillian and I'm using Candy Skein Yummy fingering in Lemongrass Sour. I LOVE LOVE LOVE how this is knitting up and am so glad I decided to use it for this project. I think I'm going to dye another skein for myself before the end of June to make socks as well. The colorway is just so fun and cheerful! Don't forget, if you were thinking of grabbing a skein of the colorway, July 1st it will be gone forever!

That's it for me today. I hope you have a great rest of the week!

For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!



29 comments:

  1. I love the look of the Trillian - the colourway is wicked. I am going to check out that KAL because I don't think I have enough WIPs at the moment :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I hope you decide to join. Thanks for the compliments :)

      Delete
  2. Really love the yarn! Thanks for hosting this WipW, number 99... so next week:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and you're welcome! I know, next week is a big one! I never thought I'd get to 100.

      Delete
  3. I'm cheating a bit and linking up yesterdays post about my Color Affection shawl as that is the only thing I'm working on at the moment anyway! Love the yarn you are using. Very bright and clear colours are my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's not cheating at all! I can't wait to see your CA shawl!

      Delete
  4. Love the colors and the pattern that's showing up in your yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty, pretty colours. I'm mid-sock with Candy Skein's First Birthday colourway, and it's knitting up beautifully. The yarn has such a lovely squishy feel and nice twist.

    Have a wonderful dinner out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so happy to hear you're enjoying the yarn! I love the squishy feel, too!

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on your wedding anniversary. Wishing you and hubby many more happy years together. I love the pattern of the shawl you are making and the colours in which you are making it. Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your wedding anniversary :-) The 5th is wood - perhaps your hubby would give you a spinning wheel ? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We don't really exchange gifts for our anniversary to be honest, but I wish I would have realized it was wood beforehand! I can think of the perfect gift for him!

      Delete
  8. Good luck in the KAL! Can't wait to see the proyect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary! And NO... I *can't* believe we're at 99! So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stacey! Time flies when you're having fun, doesn't it? Number 99 is quite impressive!

      Delete
  10. As a fellow suffer of caston-itis, I completely understand!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG that Trillian is beautiful! Your dyeing skills are amazing!
    And congrats on 5 years! Hope you enjoy dinner with your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colors, good luck with your project. Fingering weight makes me think...wow,it could take a while.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like the colors!

    With All That I Am
    Carrie "The Handmade Homemaker"

    ReplyDelete
  14. The colors of Lemongrass Sour are so bright and clear, Tami -- perfect for a summery shawl! It looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I"m sorry; in my excitement I put my FO Friday link. Minding My Own Stitches referred me to your blog and Mr. Linky. I'm happy to join in.
    LOVE that Lemongrass Sour. It's so fun and the Trillian shawl pattern looks great in it.

    ReplyDelete