Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Candy Skein 1st Birthday Contest Winners


First off, I wanted to thank all of you for being awesome and entering the contest many times! You have all been so supportive of Candy Skein and I couldn't ask for more awesome knitter friends! I appreciate everyone one of you who not only have bought Candy Skein yarn, but also have posted lovely comments and participated in WIPW/FOs each week. I wish I could give each one of you a prize, but unfortunately that just can't happen for obvious reasons!

Before I announce the winners, I wanted to remind you of the prizes that are at stake and how I picked each winner.


Grand prize winner (a $62 value):

A set of the Green Collection Mini Skeins (saved just for this contest!)




A set of the May Mini Skeins (not yet released so there is no picture)




A skein of April '12 colorway, Butter Mints




A skein of the NEW May '12 colorway, Candy Skein 1st Birthday





The second prize winner (a $40 value):


A skein of April '12 colorway, Butter Mints
A skein of May '12 colorway, Candy Skein 1st Birthday





The third prize winner (a $20 value):

A skein of May '12 colorway, Candy Skein 1st Birthday!




Now how I picked the winners. Throughout the month of May, I kept track of all comments on the original post, Candy Skein yarn purchases, comments on the thread in the Candy Skein group and links sent to me in which you all blogged about Candy Skein yarn. I then added up the amount of times each person did each of these, and included their name that many times in the drawing. That meant, the more you entered into the contest, the better chance you had of winning. I then assigned numbers to each entry in my Excel spreadsheet, and then pulled numbers via a random number generated. I figured this was the most fair way to do everything.


Now to the winners:



The third prize winner is: Sue from Kittens with Mittens (Ravelry name: willow4)


The second prize winner is: Hege from Cloudberry (Ravelry name: Hege)


AND

The grand prize winner is: Michelle from College Knitting (Ravelry name: Gnomesbeatfaeries)


Congrats Sue, Hege and Michelle!!!!!!!!

If you are one of the winners, please contact me via my email at candyskein@gmail.com with your name and address so that I can send out your prizes. All prizes will be sent to the winners no later than next week.


Thank you again and congrats to the winners!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. So happy to be one of the winners!
    Love the May colorway and I am knitting a shawl from the skein I bought from you. So now I can be sure to have enough ;)
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, how nice, I never win anything! I have to start planning what I'm going to make. Woot :0)

    ReplyDelete