Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Candy Skein- New Yarn & Exciting News!

Hi there everyone! I hope you had a fabulous weekend. We hung out a lot and saw Super 8 WHICH WE LOVED!!!! It took me back to my 80's childhood, and felt so much like a Goonies/Stand By Me/Close Encounters type. I think it's the best movie I've seen all year and can't wait until I can see it again. I also made a stop to one of my LYS, which was having a sale. That's right, A SALE! I got two skeins of Ella Rae Lace for 40% off. What a steal, right? I have no clue what I'm going to do with it, but that's the fun of it, right?

This week, I have a mishmash of skeins, instead of just one weight. A skein of fingering in a beautiful dark red with splashes of vibrate red, a fun speckled redish pink skein of DK and two skeins of the same dye lot in the fun blues, pinks and purples of Party Punch. Sure, I'm excited about those, but what I'm really really excited for is what I have in store next week...

You may have noticed a change to the Candy Skein website if you've been there the last 24 hours. That's because I have gotten ready for the arrival of a new blend of yarn! That means I had to name what we currently had in stock, the 100% merinos (20% nylon for the fingering), the Yummy series! Those of you who have already bought Candy Skein yarn, have purchased the Yummy series of yarns. It is more of the workhorse yarns, used for any pattern and most are superwash.

Next week, I will have a new lace weight in the shop that is TO DIE FOR! It will be in my new series of higher end blend yarns called Delicious. The Delicious series will be for those special projects and gifts that are amazingly soft and buttery. They are NOT superwash.

The new yarn next week is a lace weight, 70% baby alpaca, 20% silk and 10% cashmere. Yum, right? I got samples of everything my yarn supplier currently carries, and I instantly fell in love with this one, so much so that I had to buy it right away. It's supposed to be delivered today, and can't wait to get it into the dye pot. Be sure to check the blog and Candy Skein website (they will be up Monday afternoon, Tuesday morning on the blog) next week if you're interested in seeing this amazing yarn. It's so great, I've already resigned myself to the fact that I will be keeping a skein of it myself. Any color recommendation/suggestions you'd like to see with it? It has 875 yards and is buttery soft with a great twist.

I'm really looking to expand Candy Skein to offer more variety. I want to thank everyone again who has purchased Candy Skein yarn so far, as you have made it possible for me to bring you the best product I can.

Anyway, enough about next week, on to the great yarn this week!





Colorway: Black Cherry
Fiber content:
75% Merino Wool, 25% Nylon Superwash
Weight:
Fingering Weight
Yardage:
462 yards
Unit Weight:
100 grams
Care:
Machine wash/Tumble dry low

Price:
$16
Quantity Available: 1
Available at Candy Skein



Colorway: Strawberry
Fiber content: 100% Merino Wool Superwash
Weight: DK weight
Yardage: 246 yards
Unit Weight: 100 grams
Care: Machine Wash/Tumble Dry Low

Price: $14
Quantity Available: 1
Available at Candy Skein





Colorway: Party Punch
Fiber content:
100% Merino Wool Superwash
Weight:
Chunky/10 ply
Yardage:
137 yards
Unit Weight:
100 grams
Care:
Machine Wash/Tumble Dry Low Price: $14
Quantity Available: 2 (from the same dye lot)
Available at Candy Skein

5 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous! I've been awol from blogging/blog reading for a little while so I've only just found out about your new venture - a big belated congrats! You have some wonderful colourways :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great news Tami!! I can't wait to see the Delicious series, they sound fantastic! And by the way, I'm loving the names of the different series! Yummy is definitely the one word I mutter when I see your hand-dyed yarn. Especially that Strawberry! :D x

    ReplyDelete
  3. elephantJuice, welcome back and thank you!

    Charlotte, thanks! LOL I try to get a little creative on the names for things. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your yarn totally is Yummy and Delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh those colours are truly yummy...... Currently drooling! :)

    ReplyDelete