Friday, June 3, 2011

FO Friday 37


Happy Friday everyone! This weekend is another relaxing one (hopefully) so next week I hope to actually have a PAIR of socks to show you, instead of these one offs. Not that I mind. At least I feel like I'm getting something accomplished even if I can't count them as true finished projects in my list of completed in 2011. I hope to at least have a pair finished by next Friday. I hope you don't get tired of looking at socks, because I have another pair I'm about to start for the June challenge on the Sock Knitters Anonymous group (Ravelry) . I've been really wanting to participate in one of their sockdowns, so YAY! I hope to cast on soon. I figured I should probably finish at least one of my pairs before doing so though. LOL

Now on to FO Friday!

YAY for another sock finished. I haven't started the second, but hope to soon. I totally made this vanilla sock up pattern wise, so no link to click. This one actually fits better than my first sock, because I waited a little longer to start decreasing the toe. The others fit, but these just are more comfortable. The first one I started the decrease at the base of my pinky toe, but I have crazy long toes, so this time I started the decrease at the tip of my pinky toe. I also decreased several rows more of the gusset right away. I have to admit, it started as a mistake as I was knitting it with one of my groups and wasn't paying attention. Then I liked the way it felt, so I kept going. Eventually, I did end up going to an every other row decrease. The next time I knit a sock (starting with the pair for the June sockdown), I'm going to knit the whole thing on a US size 2. I like the way these fit, but because I did the ribbing with the 2 and the rest with a 3, the foot area is a little dense, even with fingering weight. I think if I go down to a 2, that will help. That's the smallest needle I have right now, needing to order size 0 and 1 needles, but don't have the money right now.


Materials Used:

Knit Picks size US 2 (ribbing) and 3 (the rest) US needles
Candy Skein Fingering weight yarn (Blackberry)



Share your FOs!


28 comments:

  1. The sock looks great, Can't wait to see the pair and hear about your challenge entry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing from me this week, i am feeling better though!..your sock looks fab!! love the Colour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your socks have turned out really well. I do love that yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your socks look great! I think I'm going to check out that Ravelry group too. I'm still plucking away at my first pair but the second one is calling me to use the new yarn. Socks are addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's lovely! Well done. I still haven't tried any socks but mum gave me some sock yarn and a pattern the other day... still trying to decide whether it might make a nicer pair of toddler legwarmers though!

    Unless I abandon the kids for an afternoon of crochet, it'll be next week before I can join you with a FO or two. (I did just sacrifice a jumper to make a cushion back but have decided I didn't like it so I'm back to the drawing board.)

    Hope you all have a great weekend, Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. They do look comfy, and so cool that you're getting comfortable enough to make your pattern up as you go. I find that really impressive! You could start a new trend and where 2 different socks since you have all these single's. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thought I'd pop back to say #2 on the linky doesn't have a spot to leave a comment. You have to click on web version before you actually get to the blog where comments are approved before posting. Thought knowing this might help others save some time hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes plain socks are the nicest. Love these. And thanks for hosting FO Friday's. It really helps me get stuff finished!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The sock looks awesome! Sorry about the multiple links, I'm having some technical difficulties this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great sock! And nope - won't get tired of looking at socks :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woot for mistakes that turn out great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The sock looks great! I love the colors and the texture :) Congrats for making it up yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay to a completed set, and they look super comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tami,
    Your hand-dyed yarn and your hand knit sock both look AWESOME! I am hoping to pick up some fingering weight yarn in your "blueberry cobbler" colorway. Would you mind doing a custom order?
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  15. Halfpint, thanks! I'm hoping to cast on the new socks this weekend!

    Danielle, thank you!

    Stitched Together, thanks! I love how the yarn turned out as well!

    WonderWhyGal, you should TOTALLY check out the group. Every month they have a Sockdown with select challenges, as well as a mystery sock KAL. Very very fun. It's a very active and friendly group. Highly recommended. They're also doing a scavenger hunt this month!

    Sarah, start a sock, start a sock! LOL I'll be expecting it for an upcoming WIPW. ;) Have a great weekend as well.

    Sandy, thanks! I hope by the end of June to have at least a few pairs worked out. Also, I fixed the link you were saying had issues with commenting. She now has a new link to the web version.

    Keri, thank you and you're welcome!

    Autumngeisha, thank you! Also, no problem with the links. I took care of it. :)

    Cris, thanks! Good to hear because I have a LOT of socks to knit in my future.

    Kathleen, thanks! My feet can't wait for a full matching pair! LOL

    Dutch Hollow Acres, isn't it great when that happens? LOL

    Sillylittlelady, thanks!

    Marie, thanks! Almost a full set, but not quite yet! LOL

    Shannon, of course! I'm actually dyeing fingering all day today. I can have it done today and out to you next week. I'll email you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You know what they say "one sock is art!" and that one is very nice. I love it when you guys share the yarn type that you are using. I know I am always forgetting to post it and needles used. I will try to do better

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. (Apologies for the deleted comment, had to fix something.) Here it is again: That looks SO nice all done up in your own dyed yarn!!!! :) I can't wait to see it as a member of a pair.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your socks look great! Good luck with the SKA entry - they're lots of fun (I haven't done one in the longest time, I really should pop over there again and do some more!)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love it! I love to make plain socks with variegated yarn. I'll have to look up that Ravelry group for my own use!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Toasty socks! I love knitting socks, they're my favorite kind of project. You certainly get your money's worth of knitting when you make socks. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Excellent sock in fabulous yarn. I think that having finished items to show off your yarn is a great way to mark Candy Skein.

    Thanks again for hosting FO Friday! I was sorry to miss it last week.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I was working all day yesterday so couldn't join in with FO Friday but I was really excited to see the sock. It looks so neat and that yarn is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great looking sock! Can't wait to see the set! Sorry it's taken me so long to post - we're away visiting family so I had my blog set to auto post but couldn't get online to link it or comment until now... thanks for doing this - it's lots of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Tami, you're tempting me to get cracking with the sock making. Great job lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your blog is so cute! Met you a couple weekends ago while you were making the adorable head scarf and you gave me your card. your yarns are GORGEOUS! and all you crazy knitters just might end up converting this crocheter....

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Clarissa! So great to hear from you. Thanks so much for visiting the site and blog. :) If you ever want to learn to knit, let me know next time you're in San Diego! Send me an email next time you're in town.

    ReplyDelete