Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Work-in-Progress Wednesday 46

Hi there, all! This week is a good one for me at the Candy Skein workshop, because as I write this, I'm staring at 10 skeins of un-dyed gorgeousness (is that a word?). That's right, be jealous. Honestly, I should be the jealous one, as I will only be keeping one of these skeins, if any at all, the way my Monday night knitting group wants to snap them up before they're even out of the packaging. I figured, I'd share the awesomeness that is the new Delicious yarn from Candy Skein. I hope to have this all dyed up by Monday, to share with you on Tuesday. If you have no clue what I'm rambling about, check out my post from yesterday and the exciting Candy Skein news!

This is how I get them from my supplier! Very cool, isn't it?

Okay, now on to WIPW for real now that I've shared the pretty fiber.





I shared my cowl that I had just started last week, and as you can see, I've worked on it but not as much as I had hoped. I was cranking on it, but then my next project caught my attention. This cowl is a very fun, easy, yet can get boring pattern. It's the Pedestrian Crossing Cowl on Ravelry and is a free pattern. Once I memorized the one difficult row, I breezed along. I will say, I didn't realize how it was pooling until I just uploaded this picture! Very cool! Anyway, I had to stop working on it and put the stoppers on the end of my interchangeable needle cable due to the fact that I only have one size 8 circular needle...And that brings me to my next project.





For those of you who checked out FO Friday this past week, you may remember that I cheated a little and actually shared a ball of yarn that I dyed this past week for myself instead of a finished project (I guess it IS called Finished OBJECT, not Finished Project luckily). Anyway, since I had no clue how this yarn would turn out due to how I dyed it, I, as I mentioned, kept it for myself. I decided on The Age of Brass and Steam for the pattern to use with this ball of DK yarn. Since this is my first shawl-like project (it's smaller so I guess more of a shawlette or kerchief?), I needed a little help starting from my Monday night knitting group. Because they are awesome, I had no problems and actually learned a few tricks along the way! I must say, I'm quite proud of my progress and how the yarn is turning out. I can't wait to get to the first major color change. As you can see, each color (as demonstrated in the light blue so far) has a little of the other two in it to tie it all together. Cool, right? I can't stop working on this project, I have to admit.

The great news (at least for my cowl) is that I ordered a set of Knit Picks Zephyr needles this week, as they have them $10 off the set. I really want the Harmony set, but unfortunately can't afford them right now, as almost every penny I have to my name is going into Candy Skein right now (as you can see from the pics above of the 10 skeins of butter soft yarn). I thought $30 was a steal for a whole set! I should have the set on Thursday, and can work on both projects at the same time again. YAY for packages in the mail!

Anyway, that's it for me this Wednesday. Please remember to use the new link to your post from this week, overriding the one that Mr. Linky saves from the previous. I've had quite a few links still linking to their old posts, or links that go straight to their blog's URL instead of the actual posts URL. Thanks!

For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!



39 comments:

  1. Gorgeousness is CERTAINLY a word! And so is scrumptious which is the best word to descripe your WIPS this week. I love the way the cowl looks and also the Age of Brass and Steam - I really like that pattern too although it's lost somewhere in my 10 pages of Ravelry favourites at the moment!

    Enjoy the rest of your week - I may have to make a little something so I can join in on Friday - I'm missing it while I work on a big project! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing colours as always!!!..cant waite to see how you dye all that yummy yarn!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see how your shawl/shawlette/kerchief turns out, the yarn looks like it will do fabulous things :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh I got some yarn delivered like that this week! I'm planning on dyeing it earthy orange with Kool-Aid (first time I'll have attempted dyeing yarn). I love the blue yarn, and I really like the Age of Brass and Steam.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cowl is beautiful. I can't wait to see how it turns out and I am going to check out that pattern for myself. The shawlette will be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the shawlette colors!! Your cowl is looking beautiful too! I can't wait until you get the needles either so we can see how they both come out!! I know you're going to have plenty of fun with your new fiber too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a dying goddess! I love your yarns. The new alpaca blend must be butter in your hands. I can't wait to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope I get back to my cowl soon! And your shawl thing is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. And I make a dozen. Which makes me think of donuts, lol. Plus, I am drink my morning coffee so wouldn't donuts be nice? Love love the blue and I can see why you continue to work on it. Some items/colors etc. just grab our attention. You know I saw those needles on sale and debated. Have you used them and liked them in the past? I have Denise, but lately have purchased 2 turbo's, which is silly, cause I have lots of individual ones, I also have 2 sets of cords for the Denise; but am finding I like the way the yarn slides better (or at least heavier yarn) on the metals.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great colour on in the ball. And The Age of Brass and Steam is such a fast knit. It'll be done in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I still cannot get over that gorgeous blue yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything looks great! The colors are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh, that yarn is so pretty! That's a new pattern to me- I love how it's nice and simple, and will really showcase the yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  14. very pretty that blue, look forward to seeing how the colour change comes out

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oo... so pretty :) I linked my blog, and it was originally a Monday post but I just now edited it :)

    I really like that blue you posted! Very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So you're like your knitting groups' yarn dealer? You're pushing yarn on unsuspecting knitters! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I do think gorgeousness is a word. :) I am excited to see your first big color change too LOL

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tami, you've had a busy week lady. I like the name of your new yarn series and can't wait to see the colourways.

    Of your current WIPs I love that cowl the most. The colours are beautiful and I heard that Malabrigo yarn is to die for. Can't wait to see that finished.

    Please review the needles, I'm thinking of getting a set.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Okay, now that I've had five minutes to actually read the whole post, yay! I can't wait to see the new color ways! I hope your local group won't snap ALL of them up. Also, love that skein you dyed for yourself, I look forward to seeing how your FO...er...project turns out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really want to master the YO's in The Age of Brass and Steam as I really love the shape of it. Your's is going to be stunning with that yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooo, I'm loving how your shawl is working up. I love shawl knitting, so I fully expect you to be obsessed by the time you're done!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The shawlette is so pretty!

    All that blank yarn was making me drool, too. So much potential there. I look forward to seeing what you'll do with them! :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love that you're sharing a little bit more of the behind-the-scenes story of how your beautiful yarn is made.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats on all the success with Candy Skein yarn! It has to be super exciting. I'm afraid I may have botched something up while linking up and there might be more than one from me...maybe I'm just trying to make up for not having been around for a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oooh, can't wait to see what your yarn looks like all dyed up! Your shawlette is starting out beautiful - love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  26. My post is late today because blogger wouldn't let me post any pics all morning. Grrrrrr!
    Your shawlette is soooo lovely. It is stirring quiet feelings of jealousness within me ; )
    Watch for a post featuring your yarn from me in the next week : )

    ReplyDelete
  27. the undyed gorgeousness really is gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing what you create with it. Also loving your shawlette - I bet you cant stop working on it x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Can't wait to see what you do with the new yarn! That bag of whiteness is so pretty, but I can hear it calling you...

    ReplyDelete
  29. I remember that yarn! It makes me think of the ocean ... ahhh, nice cool ocean. It's so hot here. The yarn makes me feel cooler!

    ReplyDelete
  30. The blue is still looking lovely! I bet it will be gorgeous all knit up.

    I would be interested to hear how you like the Zephyr needles - I've been contemplating getting a set, especially with the sweet sale they have on them now!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Both projects are looking gorgeous. I love that cowl pattern! It is perfect for hand dyed yarns. I can't blame you for getting drawn into the shawl knitting. They are so addictive, especially when knitted up with that pretty yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thank you so much for the kind comments, everyone! I'll try and do a review of the needles soon! I've used one size before, but this will be my first set!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Can't wait to see how your shawl turns out. That yarn looks gorgeous in the cake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. I can't begin to tell you how much I love the blue gradient-dyed yarn. Oh my.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I simply love that blue dyed yarn - it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I have a pair of the Zephyr needles, they are different, but I do like them. Can't wait to see the new yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  37. You are inspiring me - not sure if it is to knit more or blog more! now to find time for both! Christina

    ReplyDelete
  38. Better late than never! Blogger has been a right pest for me this week!! I want to buy me some undyed yarn to have a go at dyeing - your colours look so pretty xxx

    ReplyDelete