Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Work-in-Progress Wednesday 43


Hi all! This is going to be pretty short because I totally forgot that today is Tuesday (I write the posts the day before so they post early for our UK friends) and I just got home from a knitting group and this is the last thing I want to do right now! LOL Hey, at least I'm being honest, right? Anyway, if any of my new knitting friends is reading this, HI! Anyway, I also apologize because I won't be able to look at all your lovely projects until Thursday. I'll be watching my nieces, and then have a concert after that is an hour and a half drive from my house, so won't get home until super late.

Enough mumbling, on to WIPW!


So, I don't have a ton to show. Part of the reason is a good one...because I finished the blackberry sock! That's right, sock. So now I've officially knit two socks, just not with the same yarn/pattern. I'm hoping to rectify that soon, hence today's WIPW project. This will be the second sock to my first pair. So far so good. It's been pretty easy to figure out what I did with the first since it's just a vanilla pattern I made up. We'll see how it goes when I actually have to do the hard part (heel flap, turn and gusset).

So, sadly, that's all I have to show. Stop by on Friday to check out the finished Blackberry sock! I really like how it turned out.

For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!

Please remember to use the new link to your post from this week, overriding the one that Mr. Linky saves from the previous. Thanks!

30 comments:

  1. Lovely! Socks scare me, maybe I'll challenge myself one of these days. I love the yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sock is looking good, can't wait to see Friday's :)

    As one of your UK people, I very much appreciate you putting the posts up early by the way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the yarn and I'm very excited about seeing your blackberry sock. I finished my first pair of socks this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Firstly, as one of the UK participants, I have to say a huge THANK YOU for your thoughtful early posting. Each week I am delighted to check your blog and find it ready and waiting (I have to keep checking back for some of the other things I participate in and my day is often almost over by the time I can add my link) so this is the perfect opportunity to say that your effort is very much appreciated here *kiss*

    And as for the WIP - I LOVE the colourway!!!! Can't wait to see that one finished.

    Enjoy the rest of your week Tami, hope you love the concert and have a safe drive home. See you Friday :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. As Sarah has said, your effort is very much appreciated here!!too :)

    love your yarn colour way!..look forward to friday xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stylish sock action! I love 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have fun with nieces and take your knitting, just in case. LOVE those colors, I can also see a cute hat in that yarn, though I suppose you would need to double strand it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely sock! Can't wait to see the finished one! Have a great time with your family and enjoy the time together!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have visited, read and commented on all 15 on the linky except Stacey, her comment thing doesn't seem to be working. And soon to get ready for work. Have a great day all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that's a lovely stripey sock! You'll have a pair eventually and really it doesn't matter if you wear mismatched socks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving the colors of that yarn. Green and purple and black just looks awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome socks! Looking forward to Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok, popped back in and made it through 24...will have to call it now though, glad I got to reach that many

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay, sock! Love the colors -- I'm such a sucker for stripes. :) Concert? Details, please! Hope you have fun with the girls today and looking forward to Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on finishing the Blackberry socks and have a great time with your nieces!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous! Love those colors... been gone for a while... is this one of your yarns?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I TOTALLY have multiple socks knit and they're all different. Props to you for actually trying to finish the pair! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so glad to hear about the sock! And yay for more socks (I'm in a similar boat this week, let's say). :D

    Have a wonderful time at the concert! What are you going to see?

    ReplyDelete
  19. 43 WIP Wednesdays -- I think you're fabulous for hosting this every week, even when you're busy! I hope you have a lovely time at the concert and also with your nieces.

    ReplyDelete
  20. i know how it goes, sometimes I don't feel like taking the time to do a blog post either, which is why I appreciate that you take time to host WIPW and motivate us all!
    Your sock looks great, and I hope you enjoyed your time with your nieces.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really love the colors in the yarn you are using for those socks!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for always thinking of us! The sock is looking awesome. Have a great time at the concert!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovin' the socks! I am still rocking mine although my spinning wheel has been getting more attention this last week. Looking forward to your Friday post.

    BTW, my WIP submission is halter training in progress...yes, I'm stretching it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. what concert did you go see ? :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow I love that sock and well done for completing the other!

    I have not had chance to check out the links as we have been out most of the day and only JUST managed to post my WIP wednesday while it is still wednesday as we went to see a gig tonight.

    But I will go and browse in the morning while drinking coffee... have a safe trip home Tami x

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the colors in your sock!

    And you're doing much better than I at remembering about WIP Wednesday...but to my defense, I did write a blog post today ;)

    ReplyDelete
  27. socks socks socks! We are two great minds that think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Exciting you have a complete pair and soon you'll have two pairs. You've made quite progress in the short time since you've learned to knit.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the colour of those socks and now don't feel too bad about not having too much progress to show this week.

    ReplyDelete