Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Work-in-Progress Wednesday 44


Welcome to Work in Progress Wednesday, the sock edition! I warned you. There will be a lot of socks in my (and your) future. This week's socks are a little different than previous, due to the fact that I'm actually making interesting ones, which brings me to my first WIP.




The first one is the Circle Socks, which I've dutifully titled Pucks and Canucks. You see, it's the Stanley Cup finals and seeing as my yarn is Vancouver Canucks colors (not on purpose) and they're playing for Lord Stanley (unfortunately...sorry Nikki!), I thought the title was appropriate. I started these on the 5th, but then RE-started them Tuesday (yesterday for those reading this) due to the fact that I screwed up. I was sitting on the beach in beautiful 75 degree weather (but with wind. Do you know how hard it is to knit fingering weight yarn in the wind?!?) when I started them, and despite looking at the pattern as I went, I didn't really LOOK at the pattern. Uhh..yeah. Let's just say the second time is going swimmingly. I hope to take a BITE (anyone watching the Stanely Cup Finals??!! If so, yes, that bite reference was on purpose) out of these, and move along quickly on them. I'm doing the Sock Knitters Anonymous June challenge, which these qualify for.




Because I'm insane, I decided to try another sock while working on the circle socks. To even further prove my insanity, not only am I doing another challenging (not really challenging but not a vanilla sock either) sock AND it's a test knit. I don't have a Ravelry link yet, but you'll be able to see these grow as I work on them. Because I'm also crazy AND insane, I decided to make them in BRIGHT ORANGE, using Candy Skein fingering in Orange Sherbet. Fun, right? I call these my Caution socks. Get it? They're as bright as a traffic cone? Okay, maybe not the most creative, but there you go. The reason I'm using orange? Another challenge! This one is for the SolidSocks group, and this month's color is...you guessed it, ORANGE!





And because I want to bore you some more, I'm not done with this sock (though I'm close and hope to have them done for FO Friday). You know all about these socks, so I won't keep rambling. Instead, check out everyone else's WIPs! Oh yes, and I'm very sorry to those links I didn't get to last Wednesday! I promise to hit all of them this week.

For those that are new to WIPW, to share your WIPW post with us, just fill out the Mr. Linky below. Despite it saying you must comment, don't feel as if you do. That is something Mr. Linky automatically adds. I just ask you to check out a few of the links posted to see what everyone else is working on and comment there if you can. Everyone loves feedback and a little encouragement on their projects! Also, please link back to this post in your post to get the word out! The more the merrier!

Please remember to use the new link to your post from this week, overriding the one that Mr. Linky saves from the previous. Thanks!


35 comments:

  1. Loads of socks! People do say they're addictive! Love the bright orange, I'm into orange at the moment and they're gonna look fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are seriously tempting me with these socks! Despite having NEVER attempted a sock in my life, I've just added the Circle Socks to my Rav queue!!!

    Each week I see yours and think I really must try a sock, and my mum gave me some zig zag sock yarn last week. I really like the look of using 2 circulars - could you recommend an easy pattern for a first pair of socks? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those circle socks look like fun to knit! It's a real sock fest here this week - you have been busy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, that orange is bright ! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. that Orange is awesome!!! you have a great eye for colour! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your choice in yarn... very invigorating and I am inspired by your insanity!!! how many socks before you loose your mind! ~lol~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! How are you keeping all of these socks separate? I am such a one knitting project at a time gal. Love your colors...especially that orange!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All your socks look fantastic! I love that orange. It is so intense.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome socks! I usually have two pairs on the needles at any time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are all lovely. Wish I knew to knit socks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colors!!! Yay socks!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm jealous of you using Felici! I still have like 2 pairs in progress from the winter hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute socks! I really must learn to knit a pair, but maybe after I finish my umpteen WIPS that are currently on the needles/in my queue!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Crazy and insane is good because those orange socks are going to look ace. Keep coming back to admire your blue cobbler skein - would love to see a pic of that one knitted up.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That orange is AMAZING. I'm not sure I'm brave enough for orange socks, but the colour is so fantastic, I might be persuaded. Fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love knitting socks, and your colors are so yummy! BTW, your latest fingering-weight yarns are great. Do you ever work with cotton blends in that weight? Here in the South, it's nice to have some cotton in the yarn for socks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Weird when I clicked next it picked up sandy testing which I used when I was testing my Monday linky. Is there a way to change that to Sandy's Space or just Sandy, which I think is what it usually says?

    LOVE the blue and green, am anxious to see those progress. Awesome color combination. Hubby's been enjoying watching The Stanley Cup Finals too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. SO weird, but I can't comment on your blog from my home computer anymore. Anyway, what I *said* was...

    Post twins! I had to frog and re-knit my sock, too, but (unfortunately) minus the beach part. Also, I'm insane, too. What a coincidence! LOVE the orange socks, but hate that my team's not still playing hockey...

    ReplyDelete
  19. I redid it, and think I fixed it, though now am listed twice?
    Sorry folks, I wish I were more techy, though I keep trying.

    ReplyDelete
  20. GO CANUCKS GO!
    Those orange socks are killer! I can't wait to see how they turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the socks! And you're so brave for doing *THREE* at once!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the socks, I'm going to have to learn how to knit socks! Oh the colours are great too!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. LMAO you're a sockaholic. I don't know why but Orange is playing a big role in my life colors. Weird. I'm even wearing orange nail polish that matches your socks.

    ReplyDelete
  24. OK, that bite was thoroughly CRAZY (and I could go into how unfair it is that he got NOTHING for doing it and if it had been a player on a bunch of other teams, he would have gotten every penalty and THEN some). . .
    With stuff like that, I'm kind of glad we've not been able to watch any of the finals, but at the same time disappointed. Does that make sense?

    On a nicer note, all the socks look great. You look like you were bitten hard (ohh, see what I did there?) by the sock bug!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, love that orange! Three WIP's and they're all socks? I would say that you're totally hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love love LOVE the orange. It's an amazing shade, and the blue colorway is quite a contrast next to it - very soothing.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am in love with the orange! I am making my first quilt and it is that colour!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for the reminder to keep track of the works in progress! Mine so easily get forgotten and pushed aside. I don't think I could even find everything I've started.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Excellent socks!

    The Candy Skein I ordered came today and it is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Didn't reach everyone yesterday, as I had to head to work, but happy to say I finished rounds today and hit everyone on the list...try hard to do that..well everyone but #39, I get an error message that says blog doesn't exist.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you so much everyone! I'll answer a few of you who had questions!

    Clare, the Blueberry Cobbler was a custom dye for Affiknitty, so hopefully we'll get to see it knitted soon! I have the colorway in sport weight right now in stock and also do custom dyes for anyone as long as I have the undyed yarn in stock.

    Pentalia, I currently don't have cotton blends in stock. I'm looking into a new supplier and hope to have different blends in stock soon! I might not carry cotton, as it's harder to dye, but am looking at a bamboo blend that will be cooler than the wool/nylon blend.

    Mary, I'm so happy you love your yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Add me to your linky list for WIP Wednesdays! It does help me sty on the path of finish what you've started, even though the basket of new yarn stares at me wistfully, moaning whatever shall become of us! We need a day in the week for casting on a new project, maybe that would slow me down.... thanks for sponsoring this great group of productive people!

    ReplyDelete